KAVASTU MÕISNIKU SUVEKODU

1870. aastal müüdi Kavastu mõis enampakkumisel Andreas Christian Kochile, kes ostis 1901. aastal Võsule, Mere ja Kungla tänava nurgale krundi ja ehitas siia suvemaja, mille hiljem edasi müüs. Rakvere restoranipidaja Albert Ups avas majas 1929. aastal pansionaadi ja restorani, mis omaniku järgi Upsala nime sai. Kui 1935. aastal omandas krundi Saku Õllevabriku direktor Arnold Steinberg, nimetati restoran ümber Põhjalaks. Tema käest see ka riigistati. 1941.–1944. aastal kasutati suvemaja saksa lauavabriku Totti tööliste ja vene vangide sööklana. Pärast sõda sai hoone juurdeehituse köögi ja söögisaali näol ning läks kasutusse Võsu puhkekodu sööklana. Halvas seisukorras hoone lammutati 2003. aastal. 

THE KAVASTU ESTATE’S SUMMER HOUSE

In 1870 Kavastu Manor, which is located in Haljala Parish, was sold to Andreas Christian Koch at auction. In 1901, the Kochs bought a plot on the corner of Mere street (‘sea’ in Estonian) and Kungla in Võsu and built a summer house there which they later sold. In 1929, Albert Ups, a restaurateur from the town of Rakvere, opened a boarding house and restaurant in the building, named Upsalaafter its owner. When in 1935 the plot was acquired by the head of the Saku Brewery (‘Saku Õllevabrik’ in Estonian), Arnold Steinberg, the restaurant was renamed ‘Põhjala’ (Estonian for ‘Northland’). It was this owner who lost the eatery to Soviet-era nationalisation. Between 1941-1944, the summer house was used as a cafeteria for the German sawmill, ‘Tott’ and for Russian prisoners. After the war, the building gained an extension in the form of a kitchen and dining hall, and was now employed as the cafeteria for Võsu Holiday Home (‘Võsu Puhkekodu’ in Estonian). The building was in poor condition by the time it was demolished in 2003.

SOMMERHAUS DES GUTSHERRN VON KAVASTU

Im Jahr 1870 wurde das im Kirchsprengel Haljala gelegene Rittergut Kavastu durch Versteigerung an Andreas Christian Koch verkauft. Im Jahr 1901 haben die Kochs in Võsu, an der Ecke der Straßen Mere und Kungla ein Grundstück gekauft und hier ein Sommerhaus gebaut,  das sie später wiederverkauft haben. Albert Ups, der Restaurantinhaber in Rakvere, hat im Jahr 1929 in diesem Haus eine Pension und ein Restaurant eröffnet, das nach dem Eigentümer „Upsala“ genannt wurde. Als das Grundstück im Jahr 1935 von Arnold Steinberg, Direktor der Bierfabrik Saku erworben wurde, wurde das Restaurant in „Põhjala“ umbenannt. Bei ihm wurde es auch nationalisiert. In 1941–1944 wurde das Sommerhaus als Kantine der Arbeiter des deutschen Sägewerks „Totti“ und der russischen Gefangenen genutzt. Nach dem Krieg hat das Gebäude einen Anbau in Form einer Küche und eines Esssaals bekommen und wurde als Kantine des Erholungsheims Võsu in Betrieb genommen. Das marode Gebäude wurde in 2003 abgerissen.

ЛЕТНИЙ ДОМ ПОМЕЩИКА КАВАСТУ

В 1870 году находившаяся в общине Хальяла рыцарская мыза Кавасту была продана с аукциона Андреасу Кристиану Коху. В 1901 году Кохи приобрели участок земли в Вызу на углу улиц Мере и Кунгла и построили там летний дом, который позже продали. Раквереский владелец ресторана  Альберт Упс открыл в 1929 году в доме пансионат и ресторан, который по фамилии собственника получил свое название Upsala. Когда в 1935 году участок приобрел директор Сакуской пивной фабрики Арнольд Стейнберг, ресторан переименовали в Põhjala, от него ресторан и национализировали. В период 1941-1944 гг. летний дом использовался как столовая для рабочих немецкой фабрики досок Тотта и русских пленных. После войны к зданию были пристроены кухня и столовый зал, и оно стало использоваться как столовая дома отдыха Вызу. Находящееся в плохом состоянии строение было снесено в 2003 году.